This is an interactive task for adding a new user to Active Directory.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the playbook on the Playbooks page in PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
- PPA User Interface
- Hashicorp Vault Key-Value engine
- Active Directory Users & Groups
Required Vault Details
- IP/DNS address of a Domain Controller
- Domain FQDN
The Active Directory credentials need permission to create a user & add them to groups.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- Provide new user details
- Choose the Organizational Unit to create the user in
- Set the user's password
- Choose one or more Security Groups to add the user to
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express
See how easy it is to get started with our installation guide
View our task writing reference guide
See how to integrate with different systems using our plugins reference guide.