This is an interactive task for auditing the group memberships of an Active Directory user account.
It is a read-only task that doesn't require a privileged account on Active Directory.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the playbook on the Playbooks page in PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- IP/DNS address of a Domain Controller
- Domain FQDN
As this is a read-only task, the Active Directory credentials do not require write permissions.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- Search for and select an Active Directory user account
- Choose whether to audit direct or all security group memberships
- View & download the resultant group membership table
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express