This is an interactive task for:
- Creating a new Office 365 user
- Adding them to groups (optional)
- Assigning licences to them (optional)
The user's password is generated automatically & displayed with the new joiner information at the end.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the playbook on the Playbooks page in PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Office 365 Domain
You will need to configure your Office 365 domain on line 9 of the playbook:
Configure the region for new users on line 13:
The region should be an ISO country code & must be set for a user before licences can be assigned.
- PPA User Interface
- Hashicorp Vault Key-Value engine
- Microsoft Graph Users, Groups, & Subscriptions
Required Vault Details
- Azure Tenant ID
- Client ID (the ID of the app registration in Azure)
- Client Secret
The Office 365 credentials require the following permissions:
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- Supply the new user's details
- Select groups to add them to (if applicable)
- Choose licences to assign to them (if applicable)
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express
See how easy it is to get started with our installation guide
View our task writing reference guide
See how to integrate with different systems using our plugins reference guide.