This task allows the user add an inbound TCP rule to an existing Security Group in AWS.
It requires an AWS API key that has permissions to read & update security groups in EC2.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- Access key ID
- Secret access key
The key must have permissions to read & update security groups in EC2.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started this task will:
- Ask user to provide AWS access credentials
- Ask user to select an EC2 region and Security Group
- Show details of the existing security rules
- Ask user if they want to create a new rule or exit
- Ask user to provide details for the new security rule
- Create the new inbound TCP rule
- Show details of the updated security rules
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express