This is an interactive task that allows you to create an IAM user & add them to one or more groups.
It requires an AWS API key that has permissions to create IAM users & add them to groups.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- Access key ID
- Secret access key
The key must have permissions to create IAM users & add them to groups.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
This task will:
- Prompt for the new user's username (PPA will ensure the name is not already used)
- Ask whether the new user's password should be reset on first logon
- Prompt for a password to set against the new user
- Ask if the user should be added to any groups
- Allow the user to select one or more groups (if applicable)
- Fetch & display the newly created user
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express