This task allows the user to start one or more stopped EC2 instances from all VPCs in a chosen region.
You can run this task interactively, from a schedule, or via an API call to PPA.
It requires an AWS API key that has permissions to read & start instances in EC2.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- Access key ID
- Secret access key
The key must have permissions to read & start instances in EC2.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started this task will:
- Ask the user to select an EC2 region
- Ask the user to select a specific or all VPCs
- Find all the relevant stopped instances in the chosen EC2 region
- Allow the user to select any number of instances
- Ask the user to confirm the selected instances
- Start the selected instances
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express