This task allows the user to start one or more stopped EC2 instances from all VPCs in a chosen region.
You can run this task interactively, from a schedule, or via an API call to PPA.
It requires an AWS API key that has permissions to read & start instances in EC2.
Required Vault Details
- Access key ID
- Secret access key
The key must have permissions to read & start instances in EC2.
PPA will add these to Vault for you when you first run the task (see Vault Config Wizard for more).
What the Task Does
Once started this task will:
- Ask the user to select an EC2 region
- Ask the user to select a specific or all VPCs
- Find all the relevant stopped instances in the chosen EC2 region
- Allow the user to select any number of instances
- Ask the user to confirm the selected instances
- Start the selected instances
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express