This task allows the user to add a new network security group rule in Azure.
It requires credentials for an Azure service principal with permissions to read & update network security groups.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- Tenant ID
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Subscription ID
The service principal must have permissions to read & update network security groups in Azure.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started this task will:
- Ask user to provide Azure access credentials
- Ask user to select a resource group and security group
- Show details of the existing security group rules
- Ask user if they want to create a new rule or exit
- Ask user to supply details (destination port, source CIDR etc.) for a new security rule (if creating)
- Create new security rule
- Show details of the updated security group rules
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express