This task allows the user to view all Azure Virtual Machines for a particular subscription and resource group.
They can then choose to select a VM to stop, or to end the task without stopping a VM.
It requires credentials for an Azure service principal with the correct permissions.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- Tenant ID
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Subscription ID
The service principal must have permissions to read virtual machine details.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
When run this task will:
- Ask the user to provide a Resource Group name
- Find all running VMs for the provided subscription/resource group
- Display them in a table for the user to make a selection
- Ask the user to confirm the selected VM
- Stop the selected VM (or end task if no VMs selected)
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express