This is an interactive task used to view & resolve any unresolved ServiceNow incidents assigned to the current user.
It requires an OAuth application for PPA registered in the ServiceNow instance.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
- PPA User Interface
- Hashicorp Vault Key-Value engine
- ServiceNow Incidents & Users
- PPA Tools Lists, Dictionaries, Generate, & Date
Required Vault Details
- Instance Address
- OAuth Client ID
- OAuth Client Secret
- OAuth Refresh Token
As this is a privileged task, the ServiceNow OAuth token must be able to read & update incidents.
You can run the following command to generate a refresh token once your PPA OAuth Application is registered.
The refresh token will be linked to the supplied username:
curl -d \ "grant_type=password\ &client_id=your-client-id\ &client_secret=your-client-secret\ &username=your-username\ &password=your-password" \ https://your-instance.service-now.com/oauth_token.do
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
ServiceNow Incident States
By default the "Resolved" state in ServiceNow has a value of 6.
This task filters the incidents assigned to the user using this state value.
Anything less than the "Resolved" state is considered open/unresolved.
If your implementation uses a different value, change the
resolved_state variable in the set section.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- View a table of all unresolved ServiceNow incidents assigned to them
- Choose whether to resolve any incidents
- Select the incidents to resolve (if any)
- Provide a close code, close notes, & optional comment for each selected incident
- Confirm the changes before they are applied
Any updated incidents will be displayed at the end of the task.
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express