This is an interactive task for auditing & resetting disconnected RDP sessions on a Windows Server.
- A PAM Server to be provisioned as a Vault in PPA
- One more more Windows Servers provisioned as Active Directory devices in the PAM Server
- The Windows Server control account(s) must have the permission to view & reset RDP sessions.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required PAM Inventory
- One or more Active Directories
- One or more Windows Server devices attached to an Active Directory
This task will use each device's control account to make the connection.
The control account must have permissions to view & reset RDP sessions.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- Select one or more Windows Server devices
- Choose sessions to reset on each device (if any)
Powershell Remoting (WinRM)
This task uses Powershell Remoting over WinRM to connect to the Windows Server.
See this Microsoft article for more information on how to securely enable WinRM.
By default this playbook will:
- Use SSL when connecting to the Windows server
- Validate the Windows server certificate
You can change these settings on lines 8 & 9 of the playbook:
use_ssl: true # Set to false if using WinRM over HTTP. validate_cert: true # Set to false if your Windows Server uses self-signed certificates.
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express