This is an interactive task for auditing & resetting disconnected RDP sessions on a Windows Server.
It requires a local or domain account with the permissions to view & reset RDP sessions.
Running this Playbook
- Click download playbook
- Import the downloaded file via the Playbooks page on PPA
- Build the playbook from the Edit & Build tab
- Run the playbook from the Preview & Deploy tab
Required Vault Details
- IP/DNS address of a Windows Server
As this is a privileged task, the credentials used must have permission to view & reset RDP sessions.
Vault Configuration Wizard
The first time you run a task built from this playbook, PPA will check the required Vault details exist.
If they don't exist, PPA will ask you to supply the details at the start of the task.
Below you can see a user providing details the first time they run an Active Directory task.
Once the details are added to Vault, the task won't ask for them again.
If you don't know the required details, ask an administrator to run the task or configure Vault manually.
What the Task Does
Once started, this task allows the operator to:
- View disconnected RDP sessions
- Choose sessions to reset (if any)
- Confirm the selection & reset the sessions
- View an updated list of disconnected RDP sessions (optional)
Powershell Remoting (WinRM)
This task uses Powershell Remoting over WinRM to connect to the Windows Server.
See this Microsoft article for more information on how to securely enable WinRM.
By default this playbook will:
- Use SSL when connecting to the Windows server
- Validate the Windows server certificate
You can change these settings on lines 8 & 9 of the playbook:
use_ssl: true # Set to false if using WinRM over HTTP. validate_cert: true # Set to false if your Windows Server uses self-signed certificates.
Get PPA for free!
Start automating your estate with a free 30 day trial today. No signup required!Get PPA Express