How to change the PxM Virtual Appliance IP Address
This article provides the necessary steps on how to change the IP address of an existing PxM Virtual Appliance.
These instructions apply to PxM Platform version 5.2.x and above.
- Ensure the osirium_support account is enabled and you know the password. Otherwise enable the account and reset the password before logging off.
- All PxM Clients should be logged off.
Changing the PxM Virtual Appliance IP Address
- Open up your PxM Virtual Appliance Console window.
- Click within the Console window. Make sure Troubleshooting is highlighted and then hit ENTER.
- Enter a valid SuperAdmin account username/password.
- Tab down to
and hit ENTER. You will be navigated to the PxM Virtual Appliance Console > Troubleshooting > Scripts window.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate down to Change IP address. When highlighted hit ENTER.
- Within Update IP Address, update the Address and then tab down to Save. Hit ENTER.
- If you wish to proceed, then tab down to OK and hit ENTER.
- Once the IP Address has been successfully changed
to acknowledge the message.
- Within Update IP Address,
to get back to the PxM Virtual Appliance Console > Troubleshooting > Scripts window.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate down to Reboot. When highlighted hit ENTER. The system will be rebooted.
Post PxM Virtual Appliance IP address change tasks
Before allowing users to log back into the PxM Client check the following:
- Log onto PxM Client using the new IP address assigned to the PxM Virtual Appliance.
- Open the Web Management Interface, click on Devices in the left hand menu and double click the Osirium Server device. Check the Device Parameters > IP address reflects the new IP address.
- Open up a device session and confirm the device is single signed on through the PxM Platform.