How to create a user group and associate users and profiles
This article explains how to create a user group in the Osirium PxM Platform and link users and profiles to that group.
Creating a group
- Within the Web Management Interface, click on the + icon next to User groups in the left-hand menu. The New user group window will open.
- Fill in the following details:
Heading Description Name Internal display name that will be given to the user group. Enabled If the ‘Enabled’ checkbox is checked then the user group is enabled. When added to a profile, the users within the group will be given permission to the devices. Notes Add any additional information that maybe useful
- Click Save.
Associating Users To The Group
- Click on the user group name. The User Group Detail page will open.
- Within the User Group Detail page, click manage next to Associated Users.
- Within the Manager:users window, tick the checkbox in the Include column, next to each user.
- Click Save Changes to add the users to the user group.
- The following will display.
Adding The Group to a profile
- To add a profile, click manage next to Associated profiles.
- Within the Manager: profiles window, tick the checkbox next to the profiles you want the user group to be added to.
- Click Save Changes.
- The following will display
- The user group will now be added to the profiles and permission granted to users.