Legacy - Metadata
The metadata section is not supported on PPA versions >= 2.6.0.
All information on this page relates to PPA version 2.5.x.
The metadata dictionary is required in the root of the Playbook.
Metadata is used by PPA to:
- Uniquely identify the task
- Display the task to users
- Allow users to search for the task
The metadata below contains all required & optional keys.
All Metadata Keys
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
A name used to uniquely identify the task in the PPA Appliance (free-text)
A description for the task (free-text)
The name of the task author (free-text)
Validation will fail without all required keys
- The icon to display on the PPA task card
- Defaults to a task identicon if not supplied
- Must be in the icon list below
Validation will fail if an invalid icon is used
- A dictionary of exit codes & status messages
- Used to give business process failures a human-readable message in PPA
Use the built-in exit action to end a task with custom exit codes.
- The length of time the task would take when performed manually
- The value is a human readable string
- 5 minutes
- 2 hours
- A list of search tags (free-text)
- These are displayed on both the task card & the PPA Appliance Tasks page
- Tags make it easy for users to search for your task