Microsoft SQL Server: Running Select Queries
This page explains how PPA outputs data from MSSQL select queries.
When you use the select action:
- The output is a list of dictionaries
- Each dictionary is a database record
- The keys of each dictionary will be the selected column names
- Each key's value will be the corresponding record field
The column names will be taken directly from the SQL Query.
Any aliased columns containing spaces will have those spaces replaced with an underscore.
If the query is a special function (like SELECT @@VERSION), the column name will be missing_column_name.
- Running a select query with column name aliases
- Saving the output as a variable called users
1 2 3 4 5 6
The structure of each record in users will be:
All datetime fields are automatically converted to date strings in the following format: