Slack: PPA Integration
This plugin allows you to use the slack API to send messages from a PPA task.
- Create a new Slack app for PPA
- Enable the correct channel scopes
- Add your slack app to the desired channels
New Slack App
Create a new Slack app on this page of their website.
You'll need to:
- Supply a name for the app
- Select a Slack workspace
Enable Channel Scopes
Once your new app is created, you must add the following scopes to enable all actions:
- Navigate to your slack apps homepage
- Click on your newly created PPA slack app
- Navigate to the OAuth & Permissions tab under the Features heading
- Scroll down to the Scopes section and add the following OAuth Scopes:
For more information, see here.
Add App to Channels
In order to interact with a channel using the PPA slack actions, you will need to add the app to the desired channel(s).
- Navigate to the desired channel in your slack workspace
- Click the information icon in the top right
- Click More and then Add apps
- Click Add to add the app to the channel
Store Slack App Token
Grab the Slack Bot / App token from the top of the OAuth & Permissions page. Slack Tokens begin with xoxb-
We recommend storing this token somewhere safe, like the Hashicorp Vault shipped with PPA.