Welcome to the PPA installation and configuration guide.
For ESXi, VirtualBox or VMware Workstation you will need to download the PPA ISO.
Provision a machine with at least 2 cores, 4GB of ram and an 8GB disk.
Mount the iso and boot the machine.
- Tasks can now be scheduled to run automatically
- SMTP and Syslog support for tasks
- Task inventory page
- SAML support
- API support
- New sidebar that makes navigating to task activity easier
- Notification disc when a task you own is running
- You can now lock the console to prevent unauthorized access without using VSphere permissions
- You can now see the roles users have on the Users page
- PostgreSQL 12
- Alpine 3.11
- Speed up nested group membership for very large Active Directory deployments
- Fix rare race condition between backend and private key server
- Improve resilience of the appliance when a critical error occurs
- Roles and granular permissions are now supported.
- OVA image is now signed.
- Nested AD group membership is now supported.
- AD security groups can now be imported into the UI,
- Improved page load speed when attaching to tasks.
- New sidebar layout.
- Improved data tables with filtering and ordering.
- You can now clone the appliance in VMWare.
- Better handling of CSRF token.
- PostgreSQL 11
- Docker 19.03.4
- Alpine 3.10
- Golang 1.13
- Relay and gateway will set the nobody account to never expire.
- The admin tables will now show the correct number of rows.
- Task tables will now correctly sort large numbers of rows.
- Agent support. Run tasks on remote Docker servers (including Windows).
- Added a reporting page for an overview of the appliance.
- Better error messages when adding a Hashicorp Vault that is uninitialised or sealed.
- Consistency pass on user interface.
- Tasks now time out after 15 minutes by default. This is configurable with the
- Performance improvements for large numbers of historical tasks.
- The password strength meter now only appears for a password input if you provide
- You will need to manually refresh in Chrome to see the updated user interface
- API gateway now no longer uses invalid latin1 characters
- API gateway now correctly returns 407 when not authenticated
- Space remaining now reports the unit correctly
- You can now specify multiple hosts for active directory (comma separated).
- The input table has a toggle for what was selected once submitted.
- Enable Linux page poison to secure old page data
- Virtual machine will now correctly shutdown when triggered from VMware tools.
- Virtual machine will automatically sync time with host on resume.
- Self-signed certificate will not regenerate on reboot unless the IP or DNS settings have changed.
- Users can now no longer submit an input after a task has failed.
- UI will not time out if a task upload takes longer than 10 seconds.
- The JWT used by the API will be regenerated after each reboot.
- Fixed the input table reloading unnecessarily causing flickering.
- Fixed large task upload in Chrome
- Loopback alias 172.16.123.1 has been removed.
- Servername override in AD configuration removed. Insecure LDAPS certificates are no longer allowed.
- Remove axios dependency (fixes CVE-2019-10742)
- Update Linux Kernel to 4.19.37
- Update containerd to 1.2.6
- Update openssh-server to 7.9
- Update vault to 1.1.2
- Compile with Go 1.12.4
- Add a range of syslog events in the CEF format.
- Add a config page to upload licences and generate techouts.
- Add a CSV report of all tasks that have been run to the task history page.
- Add 'Admin Login Groups' to the Configure Active Directory dialog.
- Remote support removed now beta has concluded.