Welcome to the PPA installation and configuration guide.
For ESXi, VirtualBox or VMware Workstation you will need to download the PPA ISO.
Provision a machine with at least 2 cores, 4GB of ram and an 8GB disk.
Mount the iso and boot the machine.
Version 2.8.3 (Azure & AWS only)
- Use FQDN for wait hooks and API access from Tasks on Azure and AWS deployments.
- The maximum combined size for attachments in an email has been increased from 10MB to 25MB.
- Regenerate Osirium PAM secrets automatically.
- Add visual feedback when deleting revisions or tasks.
- Interacting with the PPA API from a task when using the FQDN.
- Delayed Start tasks allow users to create 'one-off' tasks that start after a period of time.
- Added Groups page for administration of Active Directory groups and PAM profiles.
- Enable administrators to select whether a user is authenticated via Active Directory or SAML.
- Date Picker task input.
- Removed auto enrolment and replaced with an Import Users dialog.
- Update user attributes for improved integration with Azure AD.
- Add checkbox option for overwriting plugins.
- Improved handling of email attachments.
- License verification accepts host or IP address.
- Tasks can access secrets from AWS Secrets Manager.
- API users can start tasks by name.
- Tasks can save result JSON for retrieval via API.
- Add version endpoint to API.
- Tasks can use Kerberos authentication to interact with remote Windows devices.
- Tasks can access secrets from Azure Key Vault.
- Tasks can send email attachments.
- Users can add extra files to a playbook.
- Improves performance of Inventory, Task Editor, and Task Events pages.
- Improves performance of Tasks, Activity, and Reporting pages.
- Support provision of SAML configuration Identity Provider metadata with file upload.
- Add support for multiple security group types in Active Directory config.
- Tag task images consistently.
- Do not grant user permissions to start tasks except via the UI.
- Move task logs into files.
- Add support for deleting and restoring users.
- Add a prompt for installing missing plugin versions when using the Task Editor.
- Add the ability to start a task with a payload from the Task Editor.
- Enable users to delete multiple task revisions in a single operation.
- Add support for sensitive files task event which obfuscates secret values.
- Enable user to configure key store for signing SAML requests via UI.
- Update Task Builder to include SVG graphs.
- Golang 1.15
- Linuxkit 0.8
- open-vm-tools 11.1.5
- Improve handling of reverse PTR records when configuring default Vault
- Fix clearing error codes in playbook metadata
- If the vault is failing to initialize, please set a FQDN (/var/disk/config/fqdn) that matches your reverse PTR settings.
- Tasks can now have multiple revisions. Test new task versions without disrupting your users.
- PPA will now prompt to unlock the built in vault on startup.
- PPA will autoconfigure the built in vault on initial deploy if required.
- New graph view for tasks that visualizes the steps a task will perform.
- Better blank states and help tooltips.
- API and schedules now require credits to run.
- Tasks will no longer block on outputs when unattended.
- The builder will now clean up intermediate build containers.
- You can now specify a task timeout in the builder metadata.
- New task editor!
- Improved syslog events
- Improved hook submitted page that can now be white labeled with Markdown frontmatter
- Task metadata can now be edited from the inventory page
- Updated open-vm-tools to 10.3.10
- Updated haproxy to 2.0.13
- Updated hashicorp vault to 1.3.4
- Drop support for upgrades from version 2.2 and earlier.
- Drop support for opus.* labels
- Fix a deadlock that could occur when scheduling tasks for the same time.
- You can now hide the splash screen on boot by holding left control.
- Tasks can now be scheduled to run automatically
- SMTP and Syslog support for tasks
- Task inventory page
- SAML support
- API support
- New sidebar that makes navigating to task activity easier
- Notification disc when a task you own is running
- You can now lock the console to prevent unauthorized access without using VSphere permissions
- You can now see the roles users have on the Users page
- PostgreSQL 12
- Alpine 3.11
- Speed up nested group membership for very large Active Directory deployments
- Fix rare race condition between backend and private key server
- Improve resilience of the appliance when a critical error occurs
- Roles and granular permissions are now supported.
- OVA image is now signed.
- Nested AD group membership is now supported.
- AD security groups can now be imported into the UI,
- Improved page load speed when attaching to tasks.
- New sidebar layout.
- Improved data tables with filtering and ordering.
- You can now clone the appliance in VMWare.
- Better handling of CSRF token.
- PostgreSQL 11
- Docker 19.03.4
- Alpine 3.10
- Golang 1.13
- Relay and gateway will set the nobody account to never expire.
- The admin tables will now show the correct number of rows.
- Task tables will now correctly sort large numbers of rows.
- Agent support. Run tasks on remote Docker servers (including Windows).
- Added a reporting page for an overview of the appliance.
- Better error messages when adding a Hashicorp Vault that is uninitialised or sealed.
- Consistency pass on user interface.
- Tasks now time out after 15 minutes by default. This is configurable with the
- Performance improvements for large numbers of historical tasks.
- The password strength meter now only appears for a password input if you provide
- You will need to manually refresh in Chrome to see the updated user interface
- API gateway now no longer uses invalid latin1 characters
- API gateway now correctly returns 407 when not authenticated
- Space remaining now reports the unit correctly
- You can now specify multiple hosts for active directory (comma separated).
- The input table has a toggle for what was selected once submitted.
- Enable Linux page poison to secure old page data
- Virtual machine will now correctly shutdown when triggered from VMware tools.
- Virtual machine will automatically sync time with host on resume.
- Self-signed certificate will not regenerate on reboot unless the IP or DNS settings have changed.
- Users can now no longer submit an input after a task has failed.
- UI will not time out if a task upload takes longer than 10 seconds.
- The JWT used by the API will be regenerated after each reboot.
- Fixed the input table reloading unnecessarily causing flickering.
- Fixed large task upload in Chrome
- Loopback alias 172.16.123.1 has been removed.
- Servername override in AD configuration removed. Insecure LDAPS certificates are no longer allowed.
- Remove axios dependency (fixes CVE-2019-10742)
- Update Linux Kernel to 4.19.37
- Update containerd to 1.2.6
- Update openssh-server to 7.9
- Update vault to 1.1.2
- Compile with Go 1.12.4
- Add a range of syslog events in the CEF format.
- Add a config page to upload licences and generate techouts.
- Add a CSV report of all tasks that have been run to the task history page.
- Add 'Admin Login Groups' to the Configure Active Directory dialog.
- Remote support removed now beta has concluded.